Monday, September 19, 2011

The Truth

The truth is that it has been a little over two years since I last posted on this blog. The truth is that a lot of things have happened (even some documented!), over those two years. The truth is that there is no way that I could possibly update this blog with all said events (especially at the rate I have been blogging!). The truth is - I am flawed. Yep, totally imperfect, and I am trying to let myself realize that just being me is okay. In an attempt at moving forward, I had this great idea to follow the progress of our annual Halloween costume creating. I am hoping that this will do two things for me:
1. Get me to blog again; and
2. Get me to make my kids' costumes in a timely manner instead of staying up all night on the 30th and burning at least four of my fingers with hot glue.
So to get started, I wanted to share the first rough draft of one of the costumes I will be making this year.
My 6-year-old kindly brought me this sketch tonight as a gentle urge to get working on it.
I only hope I can do it justice.

No comments: