Friday, May 22, 2009

Those Darn Commercials.

I'm not sure, but I think that retailers are out to get me. It seems like they are choosing to push their products during prime kid-watching-tv time on channels geared towards a young and impressionable audience. Advertising companies wouldn't do that, would they?


First let me say that most of the time my kids don't watch TV because they are too busy sculpting with organic play dough, eating sugar free snacks (or brussel sprouts), and helping me around the house. BUT, when they DO watch TV they have reached the tender age of wanting EVERYthing advertised between episodes of Sponge Bob and Dora. It's gotten so bad that they actually fight over who will get which color of each item for which holiday and IF they will share it or not. Jack has started laying claim early on in the commercial because he knows his birthday is coming up. It doesn't matter if it's a water gun, an action figure, or Gatorade... he wants it for his birthday.




Here's the one that kind of surprised me:







First of all, who knew that mid-day cartoons would be the prime spot for this. Apparently some one who knew my boys. Leo and Evan practically swoon every time this commercial comes on. They "NEED" it.

"But mom, all you have to do is give them $19.95 and we can have it!"

"See mom, you can even get toothpaste when you have a broken arm."

The funny thing is that I made a very similar contraption out of Avon boxes in elementary school for the Inventions fair. Too bad I didn't get the patent on this in the 4th grade.

Anyhow, I guess we know what to ask Santa for this year.

And by the way, if you've seen the commercial, Evan wants the RED toothpaste too!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

That is so funny because my kids love that stupid thing too! I try to explain that their cool Spiderman and Hannah Montana toothpaste won't fit in there and only hot adult (sounds funny- but you get it!) toothpaste will fit but they insisted that they are nearly grown up and that they would get used to the adult toothpaste if only I would PLEASE buy this amazing invention! Commercials suck! :)