Monday, October 27, 2008

All types of "ADD"...

At our house we apparently suffer from several forms of "ADD". I'd have to say the most common among all of my boys is "Always Distracted Disorder". This they get from their dad.
I am sitting at the computer researching some items on our Christmas wish lists and I happen to find a great deal on one greatly desired item. As I bounce the little one on my lap and Jack climbs under my legs, I realize that my purse and debit card are ALL of the way downstairs!
I ask Jack if he would like to get mommy her purse from the diaper bag. Off he goes on excited little feet repeating his mission to himself...
2 minutes later...
He arrives with a package that I have been meaning to send off. Sorry again James... "Always Delayed Disorder"?
I take the package and send him again to collect my purse. He runs off happily and soon I hear him playing downstairs with his brothers... distracted...
"Jack, are you bringing my purse?"
2 minutes later...
He comes proudly into my room with his hands held out in front of him, fingers and thumbs pinched together holding what I can only imagine are the two smallest invisible purses one has ever come across.
"Thanks Jack"
Here's where you will begin to see how lazy I can really be.
"Leo, Evan"...
"Leo, Evan"...
This is where they develop "Alittlebit Deaf Disorder".
This combined with "Always Distracted Disorder" can become quite the mess.
"Huh, I didn't hear you, I was too busy trying to reach the breakable Halloween decorations which made me want to go dump out all the crayons and draw a spooky bat, which made want to dig through the drawers to find the bat cookie cutter and make a peanut butter bat sandwich...
Sorry, were you talking to me?"
Several minutes later Evan finally arrives with the purse and hurls it across the room at me.
What, Paypal session timed out? How could that be?
After logging back in and trying several times to enter the correct card information with Jack trying to climb on and off the half of my lap that is still unoccupied, my mission is finally accomplished. Evan better really appreciate his Dora, Journey to the Purple Planet PS2 game.
Then I begin to smell Oliver's current form of ADD. "Alotof Dirty Diapers"
Crap (no pun intended), I just used the last diaper off of the changing table. I guess I will have to get one from downstairs.
"Leo, Evan, Jack..."
Here we go again.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Shelby and Morgan always ask me why they have to do everything around here. I simply tell them thatwe all have a purpose in life. There's is to do whatever it is that I'm too lazy to do. I figure at some point I won't have to do anything. I can just assign all the crap work to them lol